If you are looking to improve your golf game and have fun understanding the how and why golf balls go astray, learn to create new habits and get better with me as your instructor for life.Lucas Cohen, PGA Professional
Lucas Cohen, PGA Professional offers a variety of golf lessons for players of all skill levels. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced golfer, our facility and programs are designed to help you improve your technique and performance on the course. Lucas is an experienced golf professional who is passionate about helping students achieve their goals, and offers both individual and group lessons to accommodate different learning styles and preferences.
With a focus on personalized instruction and a supportive learning environment, Lucas believes that anyone can become a better golfer with the right training and guidance. So why not start your journey to a better golf game today book your lesson?
Lucas Cohen, a master of the greens,
Teaches golf with a passion that gleams.
At New York Golf Park, he leads the way,
Helping golfers improve day by day.
With a swing so smooth and so refined,
Lucas helps his students to unwind.
He sees the game in a different light,
Helping golfers reach new heights.
His patience and skill are truly rare,
Guiding each student with great care.
Through each lesson, he imparts his art,
And with each shot, he helps them start.
Lucas teaches not just golf, but life,
With a grace and wisdom that cuts like a knife.
He teaches focus, discipline, and grace,
And helps golfers find their own unique pace.
So if you seek a golf lesson pro,
Look no further than Lucas Cohen’s glow.
At New York Golf Park, he’ll help you shine,
And guide you to the top of your game in no time.
Lucas has been playing the game since the age of three and is able to adapt to each and every individual’s learning style. The three learning styles are:
Highly motivated and ambitious Class “A” PGA Member possessing a special desire to learn and accomplish in management situations. A golf professional with a strong base of experience in high-end member-owned and resort golf operations. With a well-rounded personality and proven track record to work effectively with all club human resources. One who has achieved the ultimate goal to become a head golf professional at his own facility. The NY Golf Park in Hudson, NY was established in 2012 and is constantly improving.
Background includes extensive knowledge and expertise in the management of daily golf operations, a passion for the game, and a work ethic that focuses on customer satisfaction.
- Experience with inside golf shop and outside operations
- High energy, Well Groomed, Leads by example, Punctual
- Strong- Instructor, Merchandiser, Tournament Operator, Player
- Junior Golf leader and innovator of fun programs
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Top 50 U.S. Kids Instructor – Honorable Mention 2010 & 2011
- Created the Start to Finish Golf Academy
- Elected to PGA Presidents Council 2007-2011
- Head Golf Coach West Broward High School (District Champions 2008)
- Passed certification as a PGA Tour Academy Master Instructor
- Articles published – PGA Magazine (May 2009 & September 2010)
- Finished top 10 in every NJ section Pro-Am Tournament entered in 2009
- 1st Place in Berkshire County Pro Series events 2003-2006
Activities, Services & Proficiencies
- 11 years Annual Support Rally for a Cure (2000-2011)
- USGA Rules Official Mass Open Qualifier
- Elected to PGA Presidents Council 2007-2011
- Computer literate with retail POS systems, website management (Microsoft Office, EventMan, Jonas, ProShop Keeper, Clubtech)
- Expert club fitter / club repair (Taylor Made, Callaway, Ping, etc.)
- JC Video Analysis used during instruction
First Assistant / Academy Director – April 2011-Present
The Poland Spring Resort – Poland Spring, ME
Donald Ross design 18-holes with over 250 members and resort guests playing 18,000 rounds annually
- Presently act as manager of the brand new Learning Center and Golf Park
- Coordination of all golf school, clinics, private lessons and learning center activities
- Work closely with head professional and private owner to track usage, billing, and maintenance of the facility
- Merchandising, inventory control (including snack bar)
- Scheduling over 20 employees between the golf shop and learning center
- Development of operational procedures
- Marketing the facility through various web traffic and print media
First Assistant Golf Professional – April 2009-March 2011
Shackamaxon Golf and Country Club – Scotch Plains, NJ
Tillinghast 1916 designed 18-hole upscale member owned 275 members playing 15,000 rounds annually
- Managed the entire golf operation in absence of Head Professional
- Implement customer service standards and impressive level of professionalism amongst golf operations staff (20+ staff members in peak season)
- Tournament Coordination providing unparalleled tournament experiences for participants through extensive planning, marketing, and execution
- Work closely with member-administered golf associations to assure competitor satisfaction (Over 30 events per season both member and outside events)
- Oversee tee sheet, monitor pace of play, handicap system, billing
- Merchandising, inventory control ($500,000 apparel & hard goods)
- Playing golf with members in both casual and PRO-AM tournament settings
- Successful representation of Shackamaxon as an ambassador enforcing the club policies, rules and regulations
Teaching Professional – July 2008-Present
Grand Palms Resort and Golf Club – Pembroke Pines, FL
27-Hole Resort with 300 members & resort guests playing 50,000 rounds annually
- Promotion of instructional programs, clinics, private sessions and golf schools for men women and children for all ages and abilities ($12,000 revenue for resort)
- Provide a PGA presence, visibility and level of professionalism
- Setup, and organization of practice facility (over 10,000 square feet)
- Course marking and layout for major member tournaments (20+ events)
- Member and guest services (bag storage, private cart maintenance)
Master Golf Instructor – October 2007-June 2008
PGA TOUR Academy Weston Hills Country Club – Weston, FL
Robert Trent Jones designed 36-hole upscale private with 800 members playing 40,000+ rounds annually. Host of PGA Honda Classic (1992-1995)
- Private Lessons, Clinics, Golf Schools (300+ private lessons in 6 months)
- Marketing (design: flyers, signage, pricing structure)
- Expert Knowledge of Golf Club Technology (12 sets of irons sold in 1 demo day)
Tournament Coordinator – April 2007-October 2007
Red Sky Ranch and Golf Club – Wolcott, CO
36-hole resort and exclusive private club owned by Vail Resorts with 200 members (Tom Fazio course ranked #1 and Greg Norman #2 course in Colorado by Travel & Leisure Magazine)
- Manage all golf tournaments to include promotion, setup, operation, scoring
- Budgeting for over 25 tournaments and social events ($37,000)
- Exclusive resort/high end private golf operation (Rated #1 in CO)
- Golf shop operations (inventory control, budgeting, merchandising)
- Junior Golf Camps for over 100 children throughout the summer
First Assistant Golf Professional – 2003-2006
Country Club of Pittsfield – Pittsfield, MA
Donald Ross 1908 designed 18-hole with 330 members playing 21,000 rounds of golf annually
- Highly active in daily operations to include merchandising, golf shop management and outside service management
- Tournament Coordination – 200+ Member and Outside Events
- Handicap Chairman and liaison to the Handicap Committee
- Cart Fleet Management for 54 Golf Cars (Club Car DS Player)
- Golf instruction over 1200 private lessons/clinics
- Develop golf merchandising buying plan ($500,000+ inventory)